Saturday, March 24, 2007

Eeek, an Alien!



I really don't know about this new kid. He's so strange looking that my preferred name for him wasn't even a human name (unless you happen to know any babies named Bugooglio?). Even now, when I hear Ethan and Lilly calling him Baby James, I make a fuss and insist that I'm going to call him "Baby Gaa." I've been working on getting the name to stick, but no one else seems to have picked up on it yet. Just give it some time... I'm sure people will realize how much easier it is!

I'm actually a bit scared of the baby. At the hospital, I would jump and run away everytime he started to squirm and make noises, and even here, I've pretty much refused to do anything but look at him from a distance. Whereas Ethan and Lilly have gladly held him, I've shied away from any physical contact. He's so small and scrawny and pinheadish -- how could that be good for a person to touch? Plus, I don't like that he seems so completely helpless -- how am I supposed to find any joy in smashing and crashing such an entity?


Anyhow, I still try to take care of him in my own little way -- by taking his vital measurements, bringing him blankets to keep him warm and toys to keep him company, for instance -- but it might be a little while before I get comfortable enough to hold him!

No comments: